I made TARDIS and Dalek JELL-O Jigglers for a family party and wanted to pass along how I made it.
2. I purchased orange, yellow, and blue JELL-O. I found that the design of the Daleks showed up better with the orange JELL-O than the yellow JELL-O. It was hard to see the design in the yellow because the yellow was so light. The blue JELL-O worked well for the TARDIS.
3. I mixed up the JELL-O. I first used the recipe for JELL-O Jigglers on the box. The JELL-O seemed too easy to break as it came out of the mold, so next time I used about 25% less water. For a small box of JELL-O, I used just under 1/2 cup of water. For a large box of JELL-O, I used just under 1 cup of water. I mixed up the JELL-O very well. I placed the mold on a plate to keep it rigid and then poured the JELL-O into the silicone mold using a cup with a spout.
4. I placed the mold into the refrigerator and let set for several hours.
5. When JELL-O had set, I removed the mold from the refrigerator and placed in a pan of hot water for 45 seconds to loosen the JELL-O from the mold. I put in enough hot water so that it mostly covered the sides of the mold, but did not come to the top of the mold. I was careful not to let the water come into the mold. I removed the mold from the hot water.
6. I gently loosened the sides of the mold with my fingers and carefully slipped my fingers under the JELL-O to lift it out.
Blue TARDIS JELL-O Jiggler
Orange Dalek JELL-O Jigglers